Yacht and Pleasure Boat Insurance Policies generally offer protection for the watercraft, motor, trailer and miscellaneous equipment. Risks insured against may include fire and explosion, windstorm, theft, collision while afloat, collision while being transported, sinking, stranding, loss of motor overboard and contact with underwater objects.
For yacht insurance purposes we define yachts as any boat 26 feet or greater in length. Yacht coverage typically includes:
- All-risk physical damage on a "valued form" basis-yacht's hull and equipment covered to full face amount of the policy without consideration of betterment or depreciation.
- The Yacht's equipment-including onboard furniture and equipment needed in the use and maintenance of the yacht such as marine radios, binoculars, sails, engines, furnishings, charts, compasses, provisions, supplies and fuel. No deduction for depreciation.
- Limited all-risk coverage for personal property for you and your guest on an actual cash value basis.
- A temporary substitute.
- Replacement for yacht, motor or trailer.
- Damage to electrical apparatus, including wiring, caused by electricity.
- Damage to moorings, water skiing or fishing equipment.
Pleasure Boat Policy
Boat Insurance Policy
In addition to receiving broad protection at an attractive price, you may reduce your premium up to 30% by qualifying for these credits:
• Optional deductible
• Boating Course
• Built-in fire extinguisher
• Diesel Power
• Sailboat with Auxiliary Engine
• Other Equipment, such as ship to shore radio, radar/Doppler, sniffer , electric generator, electric cooking and refrigeration devices, depth sound and radio direction finder.
Call Dean Insurance at 410.838.3700 for a quote on your individual or business insurance needs,
or click here for Dean Insurance contact you directly!